Self fulfilling and self indulging may seem to be a very selfish way of living life, but for me it is one of the most giving way of living my life. I feel immense love for me on a daily basis now. This is such a change from previous years. How did I get here? Not my magic, but by focus, endurance and courage. How did I get these? From others who are there for me. I share, I get, I give. I walk around feeling this kind of ‘high’ that only life can give me. I drank, did some prescription drugs, faked it..you name it..but now I realized that working with myself through counselors, support groups and friends and family who really care was the key to my growth. When feeling bad, do something you like. When it feels like someone has put you down, realize it’s them and not you. ‘Most people see they world as they are and not the way the world is.’ If a person says the world is a mess and there is no hope. Most likely they are a mess and they see no hope for themselves. If a person sees you as beautiful with great big heart. They may have beauty within and a great big heart. If a person says you are ‘nuts’, chances are they are nuts and that is how they see you. So take this with lots of grains of salt, when you feel something, good or bad, look inside you first and make that sanity check before condoning or judging others. How I see the world…a beautiful, peaceful, courageous world with lots of exploration to uncover…this is also how I see me.
See some quotes below to brighten up your day.
- Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. Carl Gustav Jung
- You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are. ~Yogi Bhajan
- We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light. ~Mary Dunbar
- What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Everything worth having costs something, and the price of true love is self-knowledge.
- Becoming acquainted with yourself is a price well worth paying for the love that will really address your needs.- Daphne Rose Kingma
- My willingness to be intimate with my own deep feelings creates the space for intimacy with another.Shakti Gawain
- People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their truebeauty is revealed only if there is light from within.- Elisabeth Kübler-Ross